Check out these free Purlbee projects perfect for Thanksgiving!
Felted Thanksgiving Oven Mitts
From peeling potatoes to pureeing parsnips, these lovely Felted Thanksgiving Oven Mitts add to the pleasure of preparing the big feast!
- Each Oven Mitt requires about 190 yards, or 2 skeins. For Oven Mitts like these you’ll need 2 skeins of each of the main colors and 1 skein of each of the contrast colors
- A US #11, 16 inch circular needle
- A set of US #11 double pointed needles
- A stitch holder and stitch markers
- The pattern
Fall Leaves Coasters
This set of Fall Leaves Coasters will last all year round! Hand sewn with Purlbee’s Fall Leaves Wool Felt Bundle, this simple, pretty project will make an elegant addition to your Thanksgiving festivities!
- A Fall Leaves Felt Bundle
- DMC in color 422 to match the tan in the felt bundle
- A Fall Leaves Coasters template, available for free download here, printed and cut out
Adjustable Unisex Apron
This Adjustable Unisex Apron is designed to fit any cook in the kitchen! A perfect apron to have around, ready for anyone who wants to taste the gravy or sample the stuffing.
- 1 1/4-yard for the body of the apron
- 1/2-yard for the pocket
- 3-yards Cotton Webbing in Natural
- 100% Cotton Thread to match the apron fabric and webbing
Felt Hot Pads
These easy-to-make Felt Hot Pads do double duty as trivets and add a casual elegance to the Thanksgiving table. Since they are so quick to sew they make a great last minute host or hostess gift!
Materials to make two 7-inch by 12-inch hot pads:
- 1 piece of Mary Flanagan Felted Wool in Oatmeal
- 1/4-yard of Organic Cotton Duck in Natural
- 1 yard of Fettucia Ribbon in Red
- 1 craft sized package of Supreme Cotton Batting
- Bright red cotton thread (color 4880)
- Ecru cotton thread (color 1040)
Linen Thanksgiving Napkins
These vibrant Linen Thanksgiving Napkins are table-topping classics! The Purlbee blog features a different set of napkins for Thanksgiving every year. To check them all out you can browse the archive here!
Materials to make a set of 12 16-inch square napkins:
- A set of 12 fat quarters (like the Purl Soho Spectrum Bundle in “Fire”)
- 2 1/4 yards of linen
- Cotton thread