Don’t forget! Our Plano ASG meeting is tomorrow, Saturday, September 22nd at 10:00 AM.
We will be making tailor’s hams or dressmaker’s hams or seam rolls. A tailor’s ham is a tightly stuffed pillow used as a curved mold when pressing curved areas of clothing, such as darts, sleeves, cuffs, collars, or waistlines. Pressing on a curved form allows a garment better to fit body contours. To accommodate tapering or garments of different sizes, it has roughly the shape of a ham.
Kits will be available for $5. Kits include fabric and sawdust for the ham. We wil get pretty dusty so please don’t wear really nice clothes or dark clothing.
- Your sewing machine
- Size 90/14 or larger or a denim needle
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Hand sewing needles – medium to large size
- Large plastic cup or a scoop for the sawdust
- A box or bucket to put the sawdust in. Like a mop bucket.
- Some kind of wooden spoon or narrow stick to pack it with.
Please email Becky if you plan on coming and would like a kit.