The Summer Special of Designs in Machine Embroidery is available as a free download. You don’t even have to leave your email address. The 67 page digital issue is packed with educational material for newbies, intermediate and advanced embroiderers.
Some of the content:
- Stabilizers! We pulled together some of our best stabilizer resources so they are at your fingertips. Great for newbies but also an informative resource for all skill levels.
- Ribbon! It’s time to adorn ribbon with embroidery. Learn how to add stitches to satin and wired ribbon and even narrow linen tape.
- Polos and T-shirts! Whether you need to stitch multiples for a sports team, your sewing group or your book club, you’ll want to learn the most efficient way to create professional results. (And avoid rework or ruined garments!)
- Connect the Designs! Now that you’ve advanced as an embroiderer you’ll want to show off more than just a single design. Stitch designs end-to-end with confidence.
- Unusual Fabrics! Take a departure from stitching on simple cottons and knits. Learn the secrets to stitching on stretch mesh nylon fabric. (Your friends will think you spent a fortune at the department store!) Plus learn how to incorporate organza into your designs to add texture.
- Go Green! Repurpose tablecloths into clothing!
- Applique! Explore traditional and raw edge applique. Plus find elegant uses for hand crocheted fabric.
- Short on Time! We have included quick, fun in-the-hoop projects that give you a sense of accomplishment and make great gifts! (Or keep for yourself!)
- For the Men! Yes, we even included a project the man in your life will be proud to wear!
- Develop a Designer’s Eye! Check out how a traditional sewing technique can be reinterpreted with the use of machine embroidery