Craftsy’s mini-courses (always free) have the same great content that you’ve come to expect from Craftsy.com, but feature student-led discussions and are shorter in length than regular courses. They are a perfect way to learn new skills and experience the Craftsy platform first-hand.
Creative Quilt Backs:
Make the back of your quilt as pretty and interesting as the front with easy ideas from this free class by renowned quilter Elizabeth Hartman.
Elizabeth Hartman is the author of the bestselling book, The Practical Guide to Patchwork, which won a 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Award. Her second book, Modern Patchwork, was released in May 2012. Elizabeth blogs about quilting at ohfransson.com, and is a board member of The Modern Quilt Guild.
Other free Craftsy mini-courses:
- Sewing 911: Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class.
- Bag-Making Basics: Reversible Tote & Zipper Pouch: Take this free class and learn how to make two cute bags with Kristin Link of Sew,Mama,Sew!
- Craftsy Block of the Month 2013: Learn new quilting techniques, make new friends and create a sampler quilt! Each month, Laura Nownes demonstrates one great quilting technique
- Sewing Machine Feet from A to Z: Don’t get flustered when facing the feet that come with your sewing machine. Steffani Lincecum explains what they are and how they work.
- Craftsy Mastering Zipper Techniques: Inserting zippers can be intimidating. Learn tips and tricks from Sunni Standing and Bernina to keep zippers from driving you zany.
- Pictures to Pixel Quilts:View a beloved, historic art form through a modern lens. Caro Sheridan turns eye-popping digital photos into conceptual works of pieced-together art.
- QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013: Not able to make it to Austin for the Modern Quilt Guild’s inaugural QuiltCon? Watch some of our favorite lectures from the event, given by Heather Jones, Angela Walters, David and Amy Butler, Jacquie Gering, and Mary Fons.
Check out all of the other free Craftsy mini-courses by clicking here and scrolling down to the bottom of the page.