During the Plano ASG Chapter meeting of July, Jami showed us how to make finger puppets. She has been making the finger puppets for Children’s Medical Center for years and comes up with new designs every time. It is easy to make a variety of finger puppets, all beginning with the same base pattern. We had a lot of fun making these cute puppets!
The finger puppets will be donated to Children’s Medical Center – Legacy.
Aren’t they just darling?
To make the finger puppets, you’ll need the following list of supplies:
- base pattern, some examples can be found at BillyBear4kids.com
- sewing machine (glue might do the job, but hospitals usually require sewn puppets)
- basic supplies: scissors, pins, thread and fabric glue
- bits of felt in a variety of colors
- yarn or rick rack for hair and legs
- fabric paint or markers
- glitter glue
The Plano ASG Chapter meeting occurs every 4th Saturday of the month at Christ United Methodist Church (corner of Coit and Parker).